Northwest Alpine Guides is currently seeking guides for our upcoming spring and summer climbing season. We pride ourselves on hiring the most skilled and qualified guides in the industry. If you would like to apply, please read the following requirements and send your completed documentation to Mountain Gurus. Contact us for an employment application.
Please note that MG does not offer internships or unpaid apprenticeships.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Applicant is legally able to work in the United States.
- Complete and submit Employment Application
- Submit Outdoor Employment Resume
- Complete and submit Climbing Resume
- Complete and submit Work Availability Worksheet
- Submit current Wilderness First Responder (WFR) certification.
- Submit current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification.
- Submit current Leave No Tracer Trainier (LNT) certification.
- Submit Avalanche Level 1 or higher certification.
- Submit American Mountain Guides Association (AMGA) certifications and/ or documentation of completed coursework.
Although not required for employment, LNT Trainer, Avalanche 1 or higher, and AMGA certifications do carry additional weight in the hiring process. For those seeking AMGA certification, the following courses meet most terrain guidelines, 10-day Rock Guide Course (RGC) or the 5-day Alpine Skills Course (ASC). The 9-day Alpine Guide Course (AGC).
Mountain Gurus / Northwest Alpine Guides provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.